Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Minimalist Quilting

I have a split personality.  I love to read blogs about minimalism and simplicity.  I'm in awe of all those people living with only 100 things and traveling the world unencumbered.  Part of me so gets it.  When I'm sitting out in my screen room, all I want is fresh air, sunlight, birdsong, and a comfy place to sit while I drink my tea.  When I go to bed, I just want a serene, comfy place to lay my head.  I don't want my living room and kitchen surfaces covered in knickknacks.                                            Aaah....But then there's quilting.  I just can't help myself.  It's spring and that means flowers!  It doesn't matter that I don't have any particular project planned.  It doesn't matter that my fabric bins are overflowing.  It doesn't matter that I already have a bunch of projects going.  It just matters that all those cute flower prints out there are calling my name.  I can never be a minimalist quilter.  To me quilting is messy, colorful, overflowing, creative, and most of all fun. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not much of a minimalist at all. Well...maybe at cooking, cleaning, and yard work. LOL

    ReplyDelete